Thank you for your interest in our Transformational Healing Groups at Heritage Christian Church. We’re looking forward with anticipation to our Winter session which will run from January-April 2022. The application process is open now through November 5, 2021.
Please complete and submit your application below. We will reach back out to you after we receive it. Thank you, and may God bless you as you take this next step in your faith journey. We’re honored to take it with you!
In a THG, we open ourselves to the Lord, and bring him our pains and wounds in the presence of a loving and safe small group community of no more than six participants and three trained leaders.
There is a bit of a process to get involved in a THG. We hope you’ll see by all these steps that we’re serious about helping you along your healing journey.
- Complete the THG Application below by Nov 5. You can turn it in after this date but since groups fill quickly, we will give your application first consideration if you turn it in on time. At the beginning of the application is a Participant’s Rights and Responsibilities form. Please read and indicate that you agree with it before proceeding with the rest of the application.
- When you submit your online application, you should immediately receive an email confirmation with a link to sign up for a 30-45 minute meeting with one of our THG leaders. This will enable us to get to know you better and make sure a Transformational Healing Group is a good fit for you.
- If you prefer to mail or drop off your application*, we will contact you by email after receiving it to set up your 30-minute meeting.
- For this meeting, you will be asked to bring an initial payment of $25 (checks made payable to Heritage Christian Church). This covers the cost of two books you will be given at that time. If you are placed in a group the balance of $75 is due at your first meeting.
- After our meeting, the Transformational Healing Ministry Team will prayerfully consider your participation and a THG Leader will contact you to discuss the next step in your journey, which may be a THG or other healing opportunities offered at Heritage.
- If you are currently seeing a professional mental health provider (such as a psychologist, psychiatrist, counselor, or therapist), you will need to have him/her fill out the Mental Health Care Provider Recommendation* and return it to Linda Buchan at 7413 Maxtown Rd. Westerville, OH 43082 or email@example.com.
* See downloads below
- Your THG starts with an orientation meeting, followed by 13 weekly sessions. Each session is 3 hours in length. Please plan to attend all sessions, since your faithful attendance is integral to your healing journey and to develop and maintain the community and safety of your small group.
- Your THG is gender–specific, that is, men lead men’s groups and women lead women’s groups.
- Your THG leaders understand this healing journey as each has participated in a THG. They have also completed required training to lead THGs through courses at Ashland Theological Seminary. Many also receive ongoing training by attending various seminars addressing the healing journey.
- Your THG sessions include spiritual, teaching, and experiential components. There are also weekly reading, journaling, and homework assignments.
- Your cost to participate in a THG is $100. This fee covers the cost of all printed materials and two books you’ll read during the weeks of your THG. Please bring an initial payment of $25 to your meeting (checks made payable to Heritage Christian Church). This covers the cost of the two books you will be given at that time. The balance of $75 is due at your first THG meeting.
If you have any questions or concerns, we’d be happy to hear from you. Please contact us via email. We’re thankful you’re considering taking a next step in your healing journey.
Please bring an initial payment of $25 to your meeting (checks made payable to Heritage Christian Church). This covers the cost of two books you will be given at that time. The balance of $75 is due at your first THG meeting.
Please make an appointment for your meeting by contacting Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you completed the above online form and need your mental health care provider recommendation, click below, print the document, and take it to your care provider. Please return it to Linda Buchan at Heritage Christian Church, 7413 Maxtown Rd, Westerville, OH 43082 or email to Linda at email@example.com.
If you didn’t feel comfortable filling out the above online form, please print and fill out the entire application packet using the button below and return to Linda Buchan.